About Sterling Sands
Please see your Beach Attendant at “The Hut” for Equipment Rentals and Hawaiian Shave Ice. We are open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm seven days a week from March 1st to October 31st of each year. We will gladly accept cash, checks, MasterCard, and Visa as forms of payment.
Sterling Sands Beach Rules
Beach Flags – A colored flag system is in place for beach safety. Please familiarize yourself with the colors, what they mean, and obey them immediately. The flags are located in the middle of the beach, near the hut.
Green – Low hazard, calm condition, exercise caution
Yellow – Medium hazard, moderate sur and/or moderate currents
Red – High hazard, high surf and/or strong currents
Double Red – Water closed to public
Purple – Marine pest present. Purple can also be used in context with other flags to indicate pest conditions
– Sand dunes are protected by Florida law. You should not walk, play, sit, or stand on any sand dune nor disturb the surrounding sea oats.
– Music is allowed provided it is not played at excessive levels and does not contain offensive language. If a complaint is received about music, the beach attendant will ask the volume be turned down. If the guest refuses to comply, the association manager will be called to settle any disputes, which could lead to eviction. Head phones are preferred as there’s a good chance your neighbor doesn’t want to listen to your music.
– Cigar, cigarette, pipe, or vape smoke may be offensive to others. Second hand smoke is a proven health risk as well. If a complaint is registered by a guest, you will be asked to extinguish your smoking device and are expected to comply. Absolutely no butts are to be left in the sand. Please discard them in the appropriate receptacles.
– Canopies, tents and personal umbrellas are not allowed on the beach. All personal equipment (chairs, coolers, towels, etc.) must remain behind the rental umbrella rows or in the open space in between the sections of rental umbrellas. Individuals who rent a set-up and wish to place personal equipment directly in front of their rental set-up will be allowed to do so, except for the use of personal umbrellas and canopies. All personal equipment must be removed from the beach, nightly. Any equipment left on the beach overnight, will be stored or thrown away. If they are stored, you will be charged a $10 fee for breakdown and storage. Again, we are not responsible for any equipment left on the beach overnight.
Pool safety equipment is provided for emergency use only. There is no lifeguard on duty so please leave pool ropes, preservers, hooks, and other safety equipment in place in case of emergency.
– Trash left on the beach is fatal to our sea life and birds. We ask that you help save their lives. Please gather all trash, plastic bottles, containers, etc. when leaving the beach and discard them in the appropriate trash containers. As we say in Florida, “Leave nothing but footprints.”